Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Resting, Recollecting, Reflecting

The glorious ride ended 15 days ago. My coach's imposed rest days have given me more time and energy to recollect and reflect. Time well spent. The resting is now over.

Yesterday, I swam laps for 40 minutes and my body loved the limbering and loosening. Today I rode with a noon riding group that does an hour long loop with some nice hills. What a different cyclist I am now than I was when I left last November! I love the increased strength and competency. Our guides told us it would be so.

And, then, to see the gorgeous cactus blooming on our bike path. I've never noticed it before. My senses have been quickened and I'm grateful for that.

The gorgeous cactus I noticed on the bike ride.

I so look forward to personally thanking our corporate sponsors and member donors in New Orleans. I'll have on bike clothes most of the time, which really simplifies packing! Please introduce yourself if we haven't met. I want to thank you for sustaining and growing our WOCN Society, and I want to know your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment