Friday, March 18, 2011

According to Katherine: Baker's Dozen "Crumbs"

In the exhaustion and exhilaration of  Wednesday's accomplishments I failed to mention, in my day 13 recap, a most notable early morning event.

There were many people at the motel in Lordsburg who were fascinated by our trip. They all asked lots of questions, and wished us luck and safe travel. One woman, named Jody, who lives in Carlsbad, NM, asked first thing if this were a charity ride. Kathy Texiera, who is riding for MS, and I were the first to say "yes." Jody pressed a bill in Kathy's hand.

Last night, Kathy handed me a $50 bill and said, "I thought our charities should split her generous contribution." So...when you're in Carlsbad, go to Happy's Restaurant and say thank you to the owner, who was with generous Jody!

1 comment:

  1. Heartwarming. I love the stories along your amazing journey, keep them comming!

    ~Donna

    ReplyDelete