Wednesday, March 9, 2011

According to Katherine: Day 5 Recap

Rest day in Blythe, CA means a chance to do the laundry!
And we get a bike cleaning and maintenance class.
Today, I took two hours with Simple Green, shop rags and a toothbrush to get yesterday's sand out of all the gears and crevices on my bike. I could use pipe cleaners too, but don't have any. And just imagine: I thought all we had to do was pedal the bike across the country!

I helped clean out the SAG wagon, and then walked to Mexican restaurant for lunch and Rite-Aid for sundries on a gorgeous desert day, with temperature in the mid-70s. Afterward, I rode my new clean bike to the post office to mail some letters.

A glorious desert sunset has capped off our day of rest in Blythe, CA.
Tomorrow, we're off on clean bikes, and in clean clothes, to a new time zone in Saline, AZ.

3 comments:

  1. Biking cross-country AND having to clean your bike! You are truly dedicated to the WOCN!

    ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have this "blog" in order to keep up with you! Keep on peddling and cleaning, Frack! If anyone can do it.....YOU can! Do you need that crane yet? :0) !!

    Love, "Frick"

    ReplyDelete