Friday, March 11, 2011

According to Katherine: Thankful for Support


I pray often Cycling for Scholarships will meet its fundraising goal of $200,000. People have shown such generosity when donating to the cause. WOC care will continue to grow, as it did in my day of being a WOC nurse.

I have fond memories using the Hollister and Smith & Nephew products that revolutionized the field. They created the beginning to the advancing the ostomy and wound care field. At the time, we wondered: "What on earth would we need these products for?" Now I realize technology is ever-changing, and we must embrace it. Providing future WOC nurses with these educational funds will help them grow within the field, and adapt to the changes.


I am honored to wear our three corporate sponsors' logos on my shirt. ConvaTec, Hollister, Inc. and Smith & Nephew are helping provide people with the keys to a very bright and fulfilling future.

1 comment:

  1. Nurse to nurse, I am so glad you are riding to provide scholarships and you are absolutely correct, the improvement in products and technology has let many people lead very normal lives.

    ReplyDelete