Friday, March 25, 2011

According to Katherine: Day 21 Recap

We slept 11 hours, and woke up around 8:00 this morning. Unheard of!


I trundled up to the restaurant, and brought coffee back for us to enjoy in bed. We ate a big breakfast of scrambled eggs and pancakes at 10:00 -- then did our laundry, cleaned our bikes, the SAG Wagon and its water cooler.

Drying my bike shorts on a tree in Ft. Davis.
My friend Fiona, who changed my flat yesterday morning, changed this one today. I want to reassure everyone I know how to change a tire. However, it takes Fiona five minutes -- and takes me 15. I love her for pampering me in this way!

Davis Observatory
I tried to get yesterday's blog off, but cell and internet service is erratic, and I couldn't.

We skipped lunch, since breakfast was so late. I had fabulous nachos for dinner at 5:30. Since I couldn't access the internet, I turned on the TV for the first time since March 4 to check out American Idol and March Madness basketball.

When the sun goes down, we'll be in bed, ready to pedal to Marathon tomorrow -- and to endure 60 more miles of chip seal roads. We've have loved the air at 5,000+ feet here in the Davis Moutains! 

1 comment:

  1. Who'd a thunk that laundry, bike wrangling, washing up and such would qualify as a "rest" day. But I bet it feels good to have clean clothes all stashed in the suitcases and the bikes in ship-shape condition again.

    ReplyDelete