Wednesday, April 27, 2011

According to Katherine: Day 51

I savored two helpings of scrambled eggs and hash browns before we left for the 48-mile ride to Crawfordville. The fog was very dense; the humidity was 93 per cent. The morning temperature was 65 degrees. Later in the day the temperature climbed to 89 degrees.

Marge cycled to the first SAG stop and we switched roles. While I was finishing my ride into Crawfordville she picked up tuna fish wraps from Subway. Robbie Sharpe, the indefatigable WOCN from Tallahassee, brought Harriett Loehme, a physical therapy expert in wound care, and they hosted a meet and greet at the Inn.

Sharon Aronovitch, Harriett Loehne, Farrah Hamilton, and Lisa Hamilton, Robbie Sharpe and me at the Meet and Greet at the Inn at Wildwood. 
My long time friend and colleague Sharon Aronovitch came along with local WOC nurses, Farrah Hamilton and Lisa Hamilton. We had a marvelous visit. Robbie presented me with two generous donations. One was her own; the other was given by Louise Bruner. That will help us reach our goal. Before dinner our two guides served up Margaritas and toasted our great group of 16 cyclists and the riding we have done. Always love the encouragement.

We had sausage (ours were soy) and beans over polenta and salad for dinner. I was not even tempted to taste the Dutch oven Dump cake with whipped cream. I'm sure I was asleep by 8:30, excited about going to the Crawfordville United Methodist Church to worship on Easter Sunday.

2857 miles behind us. 243 to pedal. 5 days to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment