Thursday, April 7, 2011

According to Katherine: You’ve Got a Friend in Me


A close friend, and grad school classmate from the 70s, is taking this journey with me. My “Bib Sister” (a nickname my husband gave us since we wear hankies on our shirts to blow our noses or wipe sweat), Marge has been there for me throughout this entire journey. We’ve cycled together three times so far: Once in the Pennsylvania Dutch Country, and twice in North Carolina.  

Leading up to the tour, Marge and I were constantly in touch using new technologies. Marge bought an iPad, and I purchased a BlackBerry. Whether through phone or e-mail, we discussed preparations for the trip, like how two girls are going to pack less than 50 pounds for a two-month trip! And, we decided on sporting cute skorts so we don’t have to go into public places donning spandex shorts.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your friendship! And how cool that you can have something like biking that you can share over the years...and miles.

    ReplyDelete