Friday, April 29, 2011

According to Katherine: With Age Comes Satisfaction



Although I’ve given up a lot of things this past year, I’m completely satisfied with what I’ve gained. Many ask me “Has it been worth it?” In other words, have I sacrificed things that I wish I had not? I won’t lie, I have missed some things this past year, including entertaining friends at our mountain home and some of the ski season, but it was all worth it.

I’ve grown as a person. I’m working on maintaining a healthy physique to prevent the recurrence of breast cancer. I have met a whole group of new friends. And I hope I'm encouraging young and old alike to be active.

I may be retired, but that doesn’t mean I should sit around and do nothing. It feels good to work toward growing as an individual, while giving back.

No comments:

Post a Comment