Monday, April 11, 2011

According to Katherine: The Moment Everything Changed


Everyone, at some point in their lives, experiences something so powerful it changes them forever. I experienced breast cancer. I would never wish such an awful disease on anyone, but for me, it changed how I live my life.

I doubt I would have explored some type of journey to take for my 70th birthday if I had never had cancer. That means I would have never ridden in a 70-mile bike ride that raised almost $100,000 for two charities. If I didn’t start riding just a few years ago, it’s tough to say if we would be here today talking about Cycling for Scholarships.

At 72, I realize it’s important to be joyous, and realize how vital it is to move. Movement keeps me fit and healthy, which brings me joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment